Monday, 9 December 2019

The Good Shepherd


The Good Shepherd
religious print 22" high, circa 1940

found at Stove




" My earliest recollection was being lifted up by my Uncle James while he read to me from the text on a picture called ' Casting All Your Care Upon Him For he Careth For You '. How he imprinted that onto my memory long before I knew a letter and each time he came to the house I had to read or rather say that text which I am glad to say has meant much to me ever since "  - Helen Scott's Memories of her Childhood

Although Helen Scott was devout in attending chapel there were books and leaflets found at Stove that suggest that she also became interested in Baha'ism. This faith believed in the essential worth of all religions and the unity and equality of all the world's people. There has been a small but active Baha'i community in Orkney since 1960.